BlockchainDev1000 initiative program powered by Blockchain Nigeria User Group got a huge boost recently as IBM Global and Vite Lab formally confirms partnership to drive the success of the project.
The Blockchain User Group aims to use this partnership to help grow talents in the blockchain technology sector. This will help young people to excel by building applications needed to fill the gap in the ecosystem.
What we are doing, is to invest in their talent, and that talent investment will reap significant rewards for them as they grow.
The program will train 1000 blockchain developers in Nigeria on different skillsets within the next 1–2 years, in other to fill the current talent gap in the ecosystem.
Commenting on the partnership, Chimezie Chuta told Diutocoinnews that;
This partnership will enable young people across Nigeria to explore emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things,Blockchain, build innovative solutions, learn and improve their technology skills and find good jobs.
The unveiling took place at the Unchained Blockchain Meetup held at Africa Fintech Foundry (AFF) Victoria Island, Lagos on 17th August 2019.
Speaking on the benefits of the partnership he also said;
Our youths are not lazy if we can channel their energy properly. As new technologies continue to emerge and change the way we work, many new and exciting opportunities will be created for those with digital tech skills.Chimezie Chuta — Chairman Blockchain User Group.
BlockchainDev1000 key priorities are;
- First to ensure that as we preach Blockchain & Digital Financial Assets, new and existing companies/organisations should have access to a suitably qualified and skilled labour force.
- The second is for the governments and entrepreneurs to work together to tap into the innovative potential of the youths of Nigerian.
The training programs will lead to a Certification in the following career paths:
- Certified Blockchain Developer
- Certified Blockchain Solutions Architect
- Certified Cryptocurrency Trading Expert
- Certified Solidity Smart Contract Developer
- Certified Corda Developer
- Certified Ethereum Developer
- Certified Hyperledger Expert
IBM and Vite Lab will curate “Blockchain for Good Hackathon” at Abuja Blockchain & Digital Financial Assets Conference holding at Sheraton Hotels Abuja, 4-5 October.
Apply right now for the first cohort of BlockchainDev1000 at