According to the latest CryptoCompare’s Crypto Exchange Benchmark ranking for Q4, 2019, Luno still ranks as the only African exchange on the top 20 worldwide.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
The cryptocompare rankings is a popular crypto ranking website and is widely respected in the industry. It also ranks 160 plus spot exchanges across 64 metrics. It serves as a guide to identifying the lowest risk exchanges in the space.
The latest cryptocompare ranking also provides some insights into the space as shown below:
- 30 percent of crypto exchanges possess a crypto exchange license or is registered as an MSB.
- While only four percent of these exchanges normally offer some form of crypto insurance.
- 56 percent requires strict KYC verification on users.
- 46 percent of the exchanges incentivize and reward traders through free airdrops.
- 33 percent of exchanges offer margin trading.
- 96 percent of exchanges offer 2-factor authentication (2FA) for security.
- It’s only 16 percent of exchanges that stores more than 95 percent of it’s crypto holdings in cold wallet.
- 41 percent of exchanges organise trading competition to increase the trading volume.