TrusteeFarm a blockchain startup in Ghana awareded to take part in the Afritech XYZ virtual accelerator program.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
One of the African blockchain startup that was awarded is TrusteeFarm. It’s a farm-to-table food traceability ecosystem on blockchain.
TrusteeFarm employs blockchain technology to keep exact records of all the processes done on farms until it reaches the table. This makes food supply information transparent and accurate.
Out of the hundreds of applications received, only 19 startups was awarded by AfriTech XYZ virtual accelerator program. TrusteeFarm, blockchain-based startup from Ghana was awarded.
The 19 startups that waa selected includes:
- Esusu – P2P savings startup (Nigeria)
- Borla Daakye – Waste management app (Ghana)
- Andele – Lending startup (Kenya)
- Hud Hud – Ride-sharing solution (Kenya)
- Just Float – Rental marketplace (South Africa)
- Ecoplastile – Waste management startup (Uganda)
- Every Farmer – Agri-tech platform (Nigeria)
- Growd Global – Ed-tech Startup (Kenya)
- Insure Pay – Insurtech startup (Zambia)
- Irrisol – Agri-tech platform (Uganda)
- MaiFarmLand – Agri-tech platform (Nigeria)
- Novel – Accounting software (Nigeria)
- Pay Hippo – Lending platform (Nigeria)
- PeersView – Student social network (Nigeria)
- Qataloog – Ed-tech startup (Nigeria)
- Salubata – Shoe-sizing app (Nigeria)
- Swiftly – Freight forwarding platform (Ghana)
- TrusteeFarm – Agri-tech startup (Ghana)
- Xpendly – Financial management service (Ghana).
The awarded tech startups will be undergoing training, mentorship. They will have to opportunity to network and receive support from the UK investment community.
About AfriTech XYZ
It’s a pre-seed funding platform for tech startups in Africa. An equity funding program of up to $26,000 dollars for Africa based startups.
The seed funding platform is in partnership with Google, F6S, Lagos Innovates, BongoHive, iSpace Foundation, PYPR, Strand Sahara and Academy London.